- Mike Rodak writes that there’s a “good chance” veteran C Eric Wood will play out the final year of his contract. However, there’s at least some question about his standing with the team after the Bills decided to match the Rams’ two-year, $5 million offer for restricted free agent Ryan Groy this offseason.
- Rodak adds that the Bills paying Groy a larger salary at least opens the possibility that they could move on from Wood and save $4.13 million against their salary cap.
- According to Jeff Legwold, “it’s likely now or never” for former second-round WR Cody Latimer to prove his value to the Broncos.
- Legwold points out that while Latimer has carved out a niche on special teams, he has never caught more than eight passes in any season.
- The Broncos bolstered their depth at receiver in this year’s draft by taking Carlos Hendersonand Isaiah McKenzie, which means Latimer could find himself on the chopping block this summer.
Raiders OC Todd Downing mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio that he’s been “pleasantly surprised” by RB Marshawn Lynch “at every turn.”
“This is being as genuine as I can be,” Downing said. “He has pleasantly surprised me at every turn. It’s been really neat to be around him. … So everything that we’ve seen on him thus far — and, of course, we’ve only been in pajamas out there practicing — but what we’ve seen has been fantastic. And I’m as excited as the rest of Raider Nation to see what he’s got.”
- The 49ers discussed potential trades involving TE Vance McDonald during the draft and Nick Wagoner believes he could be a release candidate in the coming months.
- According to Wagoner, there are reservations about how McDonald fits into coach Kyle Shanahan’s system and San Francisco has already brought Logan Paulsen and George Kittlethis offseason.
- Wagoner doesn’t rule out a trade involving McDonald materializing if a team has injuries at tight end.
- According to Vincent Bonsignore, both the Rams and DT Aaron Donald “are in agreement” that he has outplayed four-year rookie contract.
- Bonsignore adds that no one in the Rams’ organization perceives Donald as “selfish” for wanting a long-term deal.
- As for a possible extension for RB Todd Gurley, Bonsignore believes it would require a “monster” year from him to justify a deal getting done.